RIGHTEOUS TROTRO

“May the Lord harass you with a Tsunami of Blessings”, he declared... and the usual Amen could be heard in every space of the Trotro (a.k.a Troski – public bus). I, however, responded with a cuss. Yeah, you read right…a cuss!  Why? Kindly follow the read.

Righteous Trotro. Photocredit: Benjamin Kwarteng
I stay at Baatsona, somewhere in Accra. Every morning, I count on Troski drivers and their conductors to get to my workplace. Today, May 11 2017, I got to the bus stop but for some weird reason, I took a snapshot of the troski I boarded.  I got aboard the troski and little did I know that it was one of those ‘Righteous Troskis’ - public buses with someone preaching to [pretentious] passengers. I had just given the fare to the conductor (a.k.a Mate) when a man in a blue shirt on a row [just at the fore of me] stood up to share the word of God. He sought the permission of the driver to preach and greeted those (passengers) on the bus…which I thought was cool because some will not even seek permission.

He ushered us into a season of praise in worship [with dots of prayer] and then mini-prophetic declarations before sharing the word of God. It was during the prophetic declarations that I received my ‘baptism’ [by sprinkling LoL]. He declared, “May the Lord harass you with a Tsunami of Blessings”…and I was instantly baptized with SALIVA on my face! Yeah, saliva! Eeew, might have been the right expression. In fact the cuss came from my lips like I was also prophesying.

I know that a ‘certain Christian’ would have urged me to shout, 'I receive it'. I say to such, HELL NO! Even if it were the Lord Jesus, I would have responded in like manner [I am human!]. I would have even added, "Rabbi, why spitteth thou on my face?"

Now there were some women seated beside me and they had the gut to affront me because I cussed a ‘man of God’… and I asked them, “whom am I?  Animal of God?” Spare me pleeeeeease! I am not a gullible fella who will let those stuffs slide without a comment. With that kind of gullible mindset, many people are abused… all in the name of "he's a man of God".


Dear Reader, I am not an enemy of the Gospel. All I [simply] demand of Preachers on ‘Righteous Troskis’ is to cover their mouths with any appropriate stuff! I am not ready for another ‘Saliva Baptism’ and neither are you! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'Cutpurse Saints'

Men of which God?